NEAFCU Online Banking users can now reset forgotten Online Teller passwords before becoming locked out.
In order to use this feature, you must follow the instructions below to enable Online Teller Password Reset on your Online Teller account.
Please follow these steps to set your password reset function:
- Successfully login to your Online Teller account.
- Go to the “Options” tab.
- Add/Update your current E-mail address. This is the address an e-mail will be sent to with a link to reset your password if you ever lock yourself out.
- Select a security question.
- Type in the answer to your security question. The question/answer should be personal to you, easy for you to remember but hard for identity thieves to figure out. PLEASE NOTE – ANSWERS ARE CASE SENSITIVE.
- Click on the “Submit” button. A message should appear at the top of the options page confirming you have created your questions.
Once you have set up Password Reset in Online Teller, you can reset your Online Teller password if you don’t remember it. Please note that you will only be able to reset your Online Teller password. If you need to reset your Online Teller ID, you will still need to call us during normal banking hours.
To reset your Online Teller password, follow these steps:
- Enter your Online Teller ID then click on the “Login” button.
- To the right of the password box click on the “Reset Password” link.
- When the Reset Password screen appears, fill in the information as requested:
- Online Teller ID – either you can use the alias you set up or the actual Online Teller ID number.
- E-mail address – must match the e-mail address you have set up on your Online Teller account.
- E-mail Subject – This will be the subject of the e-mail the Online Teller system will use to send to you containing the new password link.
Please note: because you have requested this specific email to be sent to you, it is OK to click on the link in the body of the email. The email will be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org/neafcu.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- A new screen will appear stating that you will receive an e-mail shortly. It says, “Thank you. You will receive an e-mail shortly with instructions on how to reset your PIN.” This email may take a few moments to be sent to your e-mail address.
- Once you receive the email, click on the link to complete the process. Please note: You have two hours to respond to the e-mail, otherwise you will have to start the process over.
- When you receive the e-mail from email@example.com/neafcu, click on the link provided to reset your PIN.
- A new web page will open up when the link is clicked. Enter your Online Teller ID, then answer your security question, which was previously set up in your Online Teller account. The answer is case sensitive.
- Click the “Submit” button. A new screen will appear where you will set up your new 6-10 digit password.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- A message will be displayed stating, “Your PIN has been successfully updated.” From here you can choose to “Go to Login page” or “Close Browser.” If you click “Go to Login page” you will need to enter your Online Teller ID and new password.
- If you have any questions, please contact your local branch or click Contact Us.