NEAFCU cares about the safety and security of your personal information and we encourage members to be proactive to avoid fraud. Here are a few tips you can employ to increase your protection:
- Always check your monthly statements. This helps find transactions that you did not make, or catch mistakes so you can take timely action.
- Use online resources to monitor your accounts. For example, setup alerts to notify you of transactions or balance changes. Use Online and mobile banking to look at your accounts regularly, and setup BillPay to pay your bills securely.
- Don’t over-share on social media and make sure your privacy settings are set in a way that reduces accessibility for strangers.
- Don’t give out personal information over the phone.
- Never email personal information such as account or social security numbers.
- Shred documents containing personal information. Simply throwing it away exposes that information to people willing to comb through garbage to obtain personal information.
- Don’t share passwords or PINS.
- Don’t carry too much personal information and risk it being lost or stolen.
- Secure your home wireless network and put a password on all devices.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.